check out these commonly asked questions to get your answers fast!
what is 14kt gold filled?
14kt gold filled is not to be confused with gold plating as filled has 100% more gold and is much more valuable and resistant to tarnish. the core metal is jewelers’ brass. on top of the brass is a thick layer of 14kt gold pressure bonded to the brass. 14kt gold filled has the same appearance as high carat gold because it is legally required to contain 5% or 1/20 gold by weight.
can I shower with my jewelry on?
it is safer for us to say no, however, we wash our hands and shower in our pieces with no issues. if you choose to do so, use gentle soap, rinse thoroughly, dry thoroughly and do not allow contact with lotions or perfumes.
does your jewelry contain nickel?
our jewelry is nickel free.
do you stamp the back of your pieces?
because we do not engrave our pieces, rather, we hand stamp each individual characters one by one with a steel stamp and hammer, we do not stamp the back of our pieces.
do you have tips on how to clasp a bracelet?
yes, check out our blog post on how to clasp a chain bracelet by yourself here.
are there additional fees for international orders?
there may be additional fees due before delivery of your order. these are imposed by your country and we do not have control over these fees. we also do not set the price for these fees. the buyer is responsible for all customs fees and taxes. we are not responsible for items returned to us due to items left at customs.
- jewelry should be put on after beauty products like lotion, perfume & hairspray.
- do not wear your jewelry to shower, exercise, swim or sleep.
- every few wears, rinse with lukewarm water & dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
- after each wear, gently wipe makeup & skin oils off with a soft cloth.
- store in an airtight container or sealed zip baggie.
- deep cleaning recommended every dozen wears or so: wash with mild soap & water, rinse well & dry thoroughly.
- sterling silver tarnish is a naturally occuring reaction of the metal alloy and common elements in the air and water that surround us. all sterling silver will need to be cleaned periodically & you may need to use silver tarnish removal products.
can't find an answer to your question? shoot us an email at email@example.com and our customer service team will get back to you.